Tuesday, September 10, 2013

#1 Letter....Arriving at the Mexico City MTC

These keyboards are all wonky so I don´t know if I´ll be able to write much with the time that I have, but I am safe and sound in Mexico City. I have basically been having the time of my life ever since Georgia. There were over 30 missionaries on the flight from Atlanta to Mexico City. I sat next to a sweet girl (not a missionary) named Dalia from Mexico City. She asked why there were so many well-dressed white kids and I explained about missionaries and the MTC and the church, and she had lots of questions and she couldn´t believe that so many teenagers were willing to serve on their own dime and what not. We talked a lot on the flight and I gave her a pass along card! It was so fun haha. Mexico City is crazy. No one believes in braking. There were people selling candy bars just walking in between lines of traffic.
I met my companion on the flight, and I am wearing a legit badge right now. So exciting! I´ve slept like two and a half hours, I cannot wait to go to bed, but I don´t think we´re going to make it there any time soon. I´ll be sending pictures next time I email! I love it already!
I better go and let one of the elders email, but I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Rust

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! I love the part about a real badge and being legit. This is the cutest blog on the block and I am excited to read every post. We will be praying for your success and your safety Natalie. Amanda is so excited about you being out. I sent her the pics I took of you on Sunday. She was so happy about that. Not sure if you get to read the comments or not, Amanda does not get to read hers, so I copy and paste the few she gets to her weekly letter.

    Sigue fuerte Hermana.
    Con amor,
    Momma J. y familia

    ReplyDelete