Monday, May 19, 2014

#29



This is the bishop and his family. I was pretty sure I was going to have cambios yesterday, so I made sure we took a picture together. I sure love them, when I finally do have cambios I`m going to miss them the most.



Also, this is Carlos (nickname Bico). He`s 12, and he`s the cutest thing ever. We took him and his siblings to have a family night with Angel and his family, and I`m not even kidding you when I say that Bico and his 14 year old brother Kevin taught the entire lesson. Our goal was to help Jairo, Angel´s son, become more excited about being baptized, so we went with Bico, who is the same age so that he could share his experience about his baptism. We were teaching at first, and we invited them to share their testimonies, which they did, but then they kept going and taught everything and I`m not even kidding when I say that me and Hermana Flores cried. The Spirit was so strong and testified especially of the words of this 12 year old angel of a boy. Bico shared scripture stories and articles of faith, and explained everything without having his scriptures with them, he just already knew. It was even more awesome, because all the sons attend church alone, their mom has strong resentments and hasn`t attended in years, but Bico got baptized when he was ten and Kevin two weeks ago, and they are so presh. Everything they know, they know because the 4 brothers have studied the scriptures on their own and  with their aunt and uncle (Lina is their aunt) and have gone to church on their own without their mama.  Their family is my favorite, they show so much love for our investigators and always want to come teach with us (which we can`t do because two missionaries that always with teenage boys is not great). They prayed for Jairo to help him make the decision to be baptized, but he decided no. We don`t really know why he doesn`t want to, he won`t tell us and we have done every possible thing to help him, but the good thing is that he is going to keep attending chuch with his dad, and I know that one day whatever doubt he has with be resolved and he´ll be baptized. 


I`m going to just send photos, because I don`t really have much to say and because I don`t want another foto deleting disaster to suceder otra vez. 

I don`t know if I already sent this photo, but I absolutely love all these ladies. If I go to BYU when I get back, the blonde princess on the far right might be my roommate. We`re actually already friends on facebook, Hermana Scott. 

Me and my compy and my zone leaders. I`ve decided that I get along well with Colombians, all the ones I`ve met are pretty swell.  Elder Garzon on the far right goes home today, we already had our last hurrah as a zone. I bought the cake. Cake is super cheap here.

I don`t know what else to tell y´all. I really was certain I was going to have cambios, I even started organizing my suitcases... But I`m happy, because I adore my companion.
All is well!
Share the gospel please! Help the missionaries out, it`s really not fun knocking on doors haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment