Monday, June 16, 2014

#33

HAPPY FATHER´S DAY PA! They celebrate father`s day here, but it`s not as big as a deal as mother`s day. Almost no early morning serenades. The truth is that I forgot until the bishop asked us to take some funny pictures for him as his gift for father`s day.
 
Yeah we had a baptism on Saturday (miracles all three of them). One of them was the son of an active member who got baptized hace two years. He never wanted to get baptized because his parents are separated and his father is super catholic. Missionary after missionary have visited him for the last two years and finally he decided to get baptized. His mom was so happy, it was presh.

I was 100% sure I was going to have transfers this week, but the night passed and we never got the call. It`s kind of awkward though, because last night we were walking to a lesson and all the youth that I love were together and I bid them all farewell (complete with tears. I`m not the only one that cried. I really love everyone here - they love me too). And so yeah I`m probably going to see them all again today or tomorrow so this is going to be awkward. But I love my companion and I wanna kill her off (missionly speaking) because she only has 2 months left.   We went to the doctor yesterday (we`re so united we got sick with the same symptoms and everything at the same exact time) and the doctor told us "it is easily noted that you two get along very well" and that we were twins with our matching symptoms so he gave us matching medications and what not. We`re not like gravely ill, we just can`t shake the colds that we`ve had for the last week and a half, so the President told us to go to the doctor. He gave us some nyquil-like pills that have us falling asleep every few minutes so this week is going to be interesting. We`re a little loopy. I hope this letter makes sense. 

President Amaya already gave his last farewell to us. I would send photos but Hermana Scott assured me that I would look great in her red lipstick and she was gravely mistaken. So yeah we`re going to keep those pictures in a nice dark place. But he said lots of things in his final training that reminded me a lot of the things you guys told me growing up. Like, he told us that the names of our companions have to be safe with us (their name is safe in our home!) and obedience with exactness and there was something else too but I can`t remember. 

What else can I tell you? Me and my companion have been lending service. My only pair of jeans is now covered with four colors of paint. I like how here, if you want to paint the outside of your house (where lives 5 men and one women) bright pink, that is a-okay and not tacky at all. I can`t figure out how to word that sentence right, but you get me right? I am having severe issues remembering English.... 

THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO KIDNAP US. A lady came up to us and asked for all of our information, she told us that she worked for the Valencia government offices and that the president wanted all of the information about teh foreigners currently living in Valencia. She didn`t have identification and it was super sketchy, but she made us come with her to her office and give her our names. We may or may not have lied to a government official because we told her that we were new here and we didn`t know our address (Hermana Flores didn`t know, but I did, but there was no way I was telling her) and that as missionaries we don`t have email or telefonos (which we do), so we just gave her the address of the mission home in Guayaquil. And then she started asking us about the other hermanas in Valencia and we told her we didn`t know anything about them because seriously the whole situation was super sketchy, and then we called the other hermanas and told them that if some sketchy lady starts asking them about their names and passports and addresses and all that jazz, tell her that you don`t have phones and all that stuff so then our lies can at least be coherent. Luckily we`ve both seen Taken and we already have planned out what we`re going to do if someone breaks into our house to kidnap us and sell us to drug lords. We also told our lideres de zona. 

I really love everything right now. Our zone is fantastic, my zone leaders are some of my favorite people ever, we made ourselves some t-shirts and everything. Everything is great. Every night when we give our daily report they ask us how our companionship is and they already know that our companionship is perfect, so I told them that we have huge fights and yell at each other in front of investigators and that Hermana Flores hits me so they think I`m funny.

This computer isn`t reading my memory card, so I can`t send pictures. I`ll have to do it next week.
This week was pretty great too because not once for lunch did they serve us pasta with a side of rice. There is seriously nothing worse than pasta with rice so I`m happy. Also, today is going to be a good day because I`m going to buy myself a jalapeño hamburger. Wooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment