Monday, January 5, 2015

#62

Hello family!

*  These are the questions and things I asked Natalie to share in this week's letter.  - Lorri

Share your testimony of the work that you have been called to do.
I absolutely know that what I am doing is the work of the Lord. When I read the scriptures, they talk about servants that are bringing about the work of the Lord, and I know that I am one of these said servants. I know that it is a sacred responsability. What we, as members of the church, are doing is helping to bring about the eternal purposes of the Lord, which is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.He wants us the know Him, to love Him, to honor Him. He wants us to be with Him - forever - and not just to be with Him, but to be as He is, exalted, and perfected. He wants to bless us and give us all that He has. As we share the Gospel, we help others realize their divine potencial and help them achieve it. The blessings aren´t just far away either, (plus, it´s hard to make anyone listen to your message if it were to just promise blessings in the next life). The blessings come immediately as well. We can help people have happiness now in spite of their trials and they can have the hope of never ending happiness later on. 

Why was it important for you to go on a mission?  My own testimony has been strengthened. I´ve always had a testimony, but I feel like it´s become much firmer, because I´ve had to rely on things and people that I haven´t been able to see or hear - the Spirit, the gift of tongues, the Savior etc.. I´ve relied on things unseen and received help. That has been an amazing testimony builder to me that testifies of the basic truths - the God lives, and He loves me, that He blesses His children.  And while I still have many questions, I don´t have doubts. It was important for me to go on a mission because I´ve learned to know and rely on the Lord. I´ve overcome many fears, and I´m learning more and more about the Lord´s grace and about what He wants me to do and be. I have a clearer idea of what´s important and how to achieve it. 

How can Holly and Hannah, who have already made the decision to go on a mission, continue to strengthen their commitment  and desire to serve ?
Just keep strengthening your testimony of the basics. You don´t need to understand it all, but you do need to have the habit of praying and reading the scriptures daily. It must be a habit! I know that we hear this all the time, but it needs to be like eating - it needs to be something we do often and I would add that it needs to be something we enjoy (because we all know that I enjoy eating - even though the fried burrito story has kinda stifled that desire right now. On a related note: never order a Jalapeño burger from Carl´s Jr. You will have similar outcomes. Sorry I just got lost a bit there.).
So yeah. Pray every day please. Talk to the Lord. It´s not necessary for all women to go on a mission. For me personally, I feel that it was very necessary, but talk to the Lord and He will tell you what you need to do. Read your patriarchal blessing. Something that helps me as well is think of the future and what I want to accomplish with my future family. This helps me to stay focused in the important things right now.

Okay, my time is far spent.
Thanks for writing!
I love you all!
Hermana Rust


No comments:

Post a Comment